Thursday, May 17, 2007

Apple TV Thoughts

I was looking at something about Apple TV and had to comment. (I know this is old news and it's been out for a while but I still had to say something.)

What was Apple thinking? Why did they hamper what could have been a spectacular box by doing the following:

  • 40GB Hard Drive (even some iPod's have larger HD's)
  • Component Video or above only - some people don't have HD sets
  • No built-in iTunes - I'm sure this has the horsepower. Why couldn't they have put in an interface to iTunes in this box

For a company that is so innovative, what happened?

Honestly, they should also have an interface to NetFlix in this thing. Partnering with them and allowing streaming of video rentals through this box would have been a major win.

On a funnier note, I was watching this video from Keith Shaw and in the very beginning he says its got a huge hard drive. That was that hilarious!

No comments: