Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11


I'm sure there will be tens of thousands if not millions of posts today about remembering 9/11. This is like a drop of water in the ocean I'm sure.

Either way, I truly hope everyone in the US will pay their respects to those that died that day in 2001.

Unfortunately, the sad state of affairs in rebuilding at Ground Zero is perhaps the biggest failure the US could have in respecting those that died. The Empire State Building was built decades ago in only a few years. Yet, seven years after 9/11, we can't even get a memorial built? How has it come to this.

The US needs to get its crap together and fast. The delays and squabbles and inability to act at Ground Zero is the manifestation of so many problems in the US and it makes me sad.

So I say lets get 'er done! Let's make those that died and their families proud by getting the US back on its feet again. The first step is right there on the tiny island of Manhattan where the world is watching...and waiting.

1 comment:

Skudge said...

I so agree. It's just another example of how our leadership has failed us in response to 9/11.