Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Paying the IRS to file?? Huh?


Well, I finished my income taxes last night and sent them in the mail today via standard postal delivery. I was going to file electronically but had a fundamental problem with paying someone to file my taxes electronically.

Does anyone else find it extremely odd and just a bit unjust that we should have to pay to file our taxes electronically?? Particularly when it happens to be more efficient and cost effective for our government to process our taxes electronically.

I happen to be getting a refund, which is great, but now I have to wait an extra 4 weeks or so (approximately) because I don't feeling like handing over $38 to help the government be more efficient. This despite the fact that they owe me the money.

Can someone please explain the logic of this to me?? (I know, it's the government, there is no logic.)

1 comment:

Skudge said...

government != logical; government = greed; tax_system == stinky;