Thursday, September 06, 2007

Way to go Steve!

All I can say is, "My Hats off to ya Steve!"

The open letter from Steve Jobs outlining the promise to give a $100 store credit to early iPhone purchasers is absolutely amazing. I can think of no other company executive from a major firm that personally responds like this to its customers. If there is one thing that Apple and Steve Jobs know, it is that happy customers are good for business. Taking care of the early adopters like he is doing is especially important.

Personally, I'm not so sure if I'd been head of the company if even I would have done that. I mean, we're talking about breakthrough technology that is way ahead of anything from the competition. If you buy something technology related, whether it be an LCD TV, Computer, Cell Phone, or whatever, what do you expect? Did you think the prices were going to increase?!?!

I personally just bought an older style (well it is older now) iPod Nano 4GB unit and I thought I got an amazing deal on a refurb one at $129 from the Apple Store. Well, guess what, I'm a little disappointed I'm not getting the new one (a little bit, I'm not sure I like the squat design) but that's the way this business works. You buy and then regret when the price drops. Personally, I'd be very upset if I was still paying the same price for a 512MB flash card or USB drive that I was 3 years ago.

This new price can only me one thing: more iPhone users than ever!

If that's a bad thing, then I'm not sure what's good anymore.

1 comment:

Skudge said...

Agreed. It's very refreshing to see someone step up to address a mistake and try to make it right for the people affected.